Lavender Essential Oil
- Calming and relaxing aroma
- Soothing to the skin
- Reduces anxious feelings
- Eases feelings of tension
- Promotes peaceful sleep
Spiritual / Metaphysical Properties and Uses:
- Eases tension, allowing greater spiritual energy to flow through subtle bodies.
- Heightens ability to bring in new intuitive awareness.
- Calms heart energy and inspires new and fresh perspectives.
- Establishes communication between the conscious and unconscious minds, helping to build trust in Self.
- Encourages emotional honesty and ability to speak innermost thoughts and desires.
- Dissolves blockages in the throat chakra preventing the expression of personal truth.
- Aids in dream recall and remembering lessons of the dream state.
- Throat (5th)
- Crown (7th)
Lavender essential oil is considered the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils because it has so many uses. If you aren’t sure what to reach for in a certain situation, Lavender is a great place to start. It is gentle and safe for all ages, including infants and babies, when diluted properly.
Chances are, you have been exposed to some of the hundreds of overly floral, often nauseating synthetic lavender fragrances out there. The good news is that pure, high-quality lavender essential oil has a much more pleasing (and less off-putting) smell.
doTERRA’s lavender smells like the fresh plant, floral, earthy, and beautifully balanced. This is what you will find when you compare doTERRA’s essential oils to other lavender fragrances you may be used to - you can SMELL the difference!
doTERRA’s Lavender essential oil can be used Aromatically, Topically, and Internally.
Some ways to use doTERRA Lavender Oil:
- Diffuse at bedtime for a peaceful night’s sleep - or anytime you want to add a bit more calm and peace to your day.
- Apply topically, diluted in carrier oil, to soothe occasional skin irritations and to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Apply to the back of neck and over temples to reduce feelings of tension.
- Add 2-3 drops to a carrier oil and then add to bath bath water to soak away stressful feelings.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or diluted on the bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Freshen up your laundry by adding a few drops of lemon oil to a damp facecloth and add to laundry in the dryer (set on low to preserve the oil).
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavourful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve headaches.
- Used in aromatherapy as a nervine and calmative.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve colds and cough.
- Used in aromatherapy as a carminative and antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort.
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve joint and muscle pain associated with sprain, strain, and rheumatoid arthritis.
A few of my favourite Lavender Oil combinations:
- Lavender + Tea Tree are amazing together when applied topically for occasional skin irritations.
- Lavender + Peppermint applied to the back of the neck and temples to ease feelings of tension and promote feelings of focused calm.
- Lavender + Peppermint + Frankincense applied topically for occasional head tension.
- Lavender + Breathe (Easy Air) Respiratory Blend diffused at bedtime for a restful sleep and to support dream work.
- Lavender + Lemon + Peppermint are amazing together for seasonal and environmental threats. Diffuse, apply topically to the chest, or take internally in a veggie cap (See also doTERRA TriEase Capsules).
Angelic Oil Blends:
Lavender oil is used in the following blends channeled from the Angels and included in the A Year with the Angels Book Series.
- Divine Light Blend
- Angels Among Us Blend
- Magnetic Attraction Blend
An Invitation For You:
Get doTERRA Essential Oils at wholesale prices, plus receive world-class support from Rebecca and her team as you incorporate doTERRA essential into your daily life to support your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health and well-being.
Learn more about our Essential Alchemy Essential Oil Community Here.
Contact us now to find out how essential oils can help you!